Mission: To build a geoscience department that fully reflects in its students, postdocs, staff, researchers and faculty, the rich diversity of people who occupy this planet.
- Support the work of search committees developing diverse pools of applicants for all MEAS faculty, postdoc, and staff positions and maintain this diversity throughout the hiring process from the initial pool to finalists and hires.
- Increase representation of historically excluded populations in MEAS student programs through effective recruitment and implementation of best practices for evaluating student applications.
- Ensure scientists and scholars from historically marginalized and underrepresented groups are well-represented in the MEAS seminar series.
- Develop and contribute content for the MEAS website, which represents departmental efforts toward addressing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and provides equitable access to relevant resources for the MEAS community.
- Identify barriers to diverse populations that exist in MEAS and work toward removing those barriers.
- Faculty/Staff: Carli Arendt, Curtis Congreve, Wendy Goddard, Gary Lackmann, Paul Liu, Robert Mera, Chris Osburn, Walt Robinson
- Students/Postdocs: Adam Curry, Venkata Sailaja Pappala, Sarah Watson