Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Whether you’re a current NC State undergraduate or a student at another school, we can help you make the switch to the Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences.

NC State Students

If you are a current undergraduate of NC State studying in another field, schedule an appointment with the Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs, Maggie Puryear. She will review your academic record and help you make an informed decision about changing your major.

Students at Other Universities

If you wish to transfer into the Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at NC State from another school, you must meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.7 and have at least 30 hours of transferable credits, including:

  • English composition
  • Calculus (four hours)
  • Physical science (four hours with lab)

Visit NC State admissions to apply to the university as a transfer student. More information about transferring to the university — including transferable credits — is available online at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions’ dedicated page for transfer students.


To learn more about our undergraduate programs and transferring into the department, contact:

Maggie Puryear
Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs